Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy New Year!!!

Ahhhh... well I've finally settled back down to normal life after my week vacation (Yes, we only get one week of vacation >:(((( ) and nothing is different.

In school, we have a heritage project to do, involving us going back in time and finding out about our ancestors and figuring out where they came from, then sharing the info with our friends and Social studies teacher. Of course there is a catch. First, the class fills out a packet, but that isn't to bad because I'd much rather do a packet than worksheets because 1. Organized :) and 2. We have our choice of doing the packet all at once, or a page a day. Kind of weird... After we get the packet all dealt with, the class makes a passport with all the countries our ancestors went through to get to the United States. My ancestors started on the edge of west Germany near the Black Forest, which is the location of most Brother Grimm fairy tales. Anyways (I'm easily distracted if you can't tell already) they started in Germany, came through France, sailed on a ship named the Astracan and arrived at the port of New Orleans. That's easy enough, right? Well now we have to make a 2D version of what the immigrant would look like. I thought Lederhosen would be a good idea. Short shorts pulled up above his belly button, bright t-short, suspenders and a nice hat. I haven't gotten to that part of the project yet, but I hope it turns out well. The last final part of the project is kind of easy for me :) Make a dish from the time period of the country. I have a couple options here:
1.Hot dog (frankfurter)
2.Hamburger
3.Horseradish
The three h's. Most popular there would probably be hamburger, until it got cold. My Social Studies class isn't until 11:13, which would be a speed bump, so I guess I'll make horseradish :'(

In language art class (same teacher as social studies), we must write a persuasive paper, trying to say if the book we read, The White Mountains by John Christopher (Samuel Yoder), was a good book or a bad one. My teacher says that we won't change her mind about the book no matter how powerful the essay is, giving the essay no point. In my opinion I don't recommend the book because it gives sci-fi a bad name by making the book a mystery part by making the book 2000 years in the future and having no technology left on the surface of the planet because EVIL tripods almost wiped out the human race by putting every human under mind control. Ahem, War of The Worlds in a way.... just not as violent and gory.

On another subject, every user on YouTube is a critic. Here are some "quoted comments":
" wow..............8-) pointless and disgusting "
" very creative, but if you look closely, it's clearly fake...the musical intervals do not match up...still cool though." On a guy playing the keyboard with juggling balls
" thats boring" On this!!! I lost the page with the comment. Look at artistic pool 2 and 3 too!

Well have a good day and try to be nicer on your youtube comments :P

No comments: